Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa is the 16 year old Indian Chess Grandmaster. He has made headlines after made headlines after he defeated Magnus Carlsen at the Airthings Masters. He is the youngest international master in history. Praggnanandhaa has three world youth titles: U8 in 2013, U10 in 2015, and U18 in 2019. In 2019, the 13-year-old prodigy won the Xtracon Chess Open with an undefeated 8.5/10 points, overtaking a field featuring 13 GMs ranked over 2600. In April 2021, he won the Polgar Challenge and qualified for the next leg in the Champions Chess Tour.
Praggnanandhaa R was born on 10th August 2005 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu to Ramesh Babu(father) & Nagalakshmi(mother). He lives in the suburb of Padi in Chennai, his father K Ramesh Babu is a Tamil Nadu State Corporation Bank employee, while mother is a housewife.
Father: His father Rameshbabu became disabled with Polio in childhood, he is a graduate and works at Tamil Nadu state Corporation Bank. His older sibling, sister- Vaishali Rameshbabu, is a star in the Indian chess by her own merit. Vaishali is a 2 time Youth Chess Champion and a Grandmaster
- In 2015 he won the Youth Chess Championship in under-10 category.
- In August 2017 Praggnanandhaa crossed 2500 points and became the youngest player to do that.
- Youngest Grandmaster: Praggnanandhaa became the 2nd youngest person to acheive the GrandMaster (GM) Title in 2018, Now he is the fourth youngest ever, just behind- Sergey Karjakin, Dommaraju Gukesh & Javokhir Sindarov . He acheived his 3rd GM norm at the Gredine Open in Urtijëi, where he defeated Luca Moroni. He was 12 years, 10 months and 13 days old at the time.
- 2600 Milestone: Youngest player ever to cross 2600 points, he attained that feat during the London Chess Classic FIDE open in 2019. He defeeated GM Jules Moussard to achieve the score of 2602.
- Xtracon Chess Open: Praggnanandhaa won the Xtracon Chess Open held in Elsinore, Denmark with an aggregate of 8/5/10. He was unbeaten throughout and was ahead of other competitors.
- Praggnanandhaa surprised everyone by defeating Axel Bachmann, a chess grandmaster in just 18 moves, and has also defeated another GM Levon Babujian